Tennessee Valley Authority Grant 2023/24
We have exciting news to share with you from the Tennessee STEM Innovation Network:
“The Tennessee STEM Innovation Network and STEMx are pleased to announce the 2023-24 application window is open for the K-12 STEM Education Grants funded by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and in partnership with the TVA retiree organization Bicentennial Volunteers Inc. (BVI).”
TVA Grant Overview
- Your school must be located in the TVA service area and receive power from a TVA distributor in order to qualify for the grant.
- Eligible applicants are teachers or administrators in public or private schools, grades K-12.
- All applications should be written and submitted by the teacher who will be performing the project. Although you may collaborate with others, the grant should not be written or submitted by a third party (such as a vendor or a district representative).
The grant application process is streamlined to make it easy for teachers to apply. You will need this information to proceed:
- Applicant Information
- School Information
- School Demographics
- Amount of funds requested (must be one of the following: $1,000, $1,500, $2,500, $3,500, or $5,000)
- Project narrative
- Support the concept of “STEM for All”
- Student learning outcomes
- Assessment of outcomes
- Budget explanation
Funding Priority Areas
- Economic and Career Development*
- Community Problem Solving*
*Special Note: For the Computer Science or CTE classroom, Firia Labs has determined that Career Development or Community Problem Solving are the funding priority areas best targeted for this grant opportunity.
Why Firia Labs?
Firia Labs is dedicated to providing the best-in-class curriculum solutions for your Computer Science or CTE courses, and this grant opportunity can help to fund all of your classroom needs!
- Authentic text-based coding your students will LOVE!
- TN CS K-12 standards alignment
- Comprehensive Teacher Resources
- Web-based Interactive Textbook
- CodeSpace code editor with Debugger
- Outstanding teacher support from your local Firia Labs’ team
What does Firia Labs offer?
We offer physical computing devices and CSTA endorsed curricula to help your students build computational thinking skills, python programming skills, and to solve REAL-WORLD problems:
- Python with CodeX
- Python with Robots
- Python Level-1 with Virtual Robotics
- Mission Pack: Lift Off! Peripherals Kit
All of our Python-powered robotics platforms are eligible for this grant. Click the links above to learn more about each, and please reach out to us if you need help deciding which is the best fit for your classroom!
Need more details on why Python?
Synopsis: Incorporating Python into K-12 robotics education can provide students with a holistic understanding of both programming and robotics, setting them up for success in higher education and future careers.
- Ease of Learning: Python's syntax is clear and readable, which makes it particularly suitable for beginners. Young students can grasp its basic concepts with relative ease, allowing them to quickly transition from learning programming concepts to applying them in robotics projects.
- Foundation for Advanced Learning: Starting with Python can form a strong foundation for students to later delve into other languages or more advanced topics in robotics and computer science.
- Broad Applicability: Python isn't just used in robotics. It's a versatile language with applications in web development, data analysis, AI, scientific computing, and more. Learning Python gives students a tool they can use in numerous areas.
- Rich Set of Libraries: Python's extensive libraries, many of which are tailored for robotics, simplify complex tasks.
- Hardware Compatibility: Python is compatible with various hardware platforms popular in educational robotics. This allows students to work on real-world, hands-on projects.
- Integration with AI and ML: Python is the leading language in the fields of artificial intelligence and machine learning. As AI and ML techniques become more integrated into robotics, knowledge of Python will give students a significant advantage.
- Promotion of Computational Thinking: Python's approach to problem-solving and its well-organized structure promote computational thinking. When applied to robotics, students not only learn programming concepts but also how to break down complex problems into manageable parts.
- CodeSpace platform by Firia Labs: Python learning through this platform is interactive, provides step by step learning, is easily implemented, provides a professional debugger and allows students to be creative with only their imaginations to limit them.
- Future-Ready Skills: With the ongoing advancements in automation, AI, and robotics, having a foundational understanding of Python and its applications in robotics equips students with skills that are relevant for future job markets.
Need help with Grant Writing?
Check out Firia Labs TVA Grant Writing Help Guide: TVA Grant FY24.Contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TVA GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 15, 2023