Welcome to the world of CodeX and Virtual Robotics!
If you are a teacher or individual user and want to claim your licenses, create a classroom, add students to the system, or simply login you can watch these simple videos or follow the steps below.
We have two methods you can follow to get started, written instructions or video instructions. Our written instructions are located directly below. If your preference is video instructions please scroll down to almost the very bottom, where you'll see "Getting started for the License Holder or Teacher (Video Instructions)".
Getting started for the License Holder or Teacher (Written Instructions)
Step 1. Claim your License
A. You receive a Claim Order Number in an email from Firia Labs.
B. Open the License Portal and click the CLAIM LICENSE button.
C. If you ordered through the Firia Labs website using your purchasing email address your order will automatically be linked to your email. Click on the SHOW ORDERS button:
D. Select the license you want to claim and click the CLAIM LICENSES button.
NOTE: This will start the expiration clock for any licenses you claim!
E. Choose the type of user you are and proceed to the final step in claiming your license.
F. If you chose CLASSROOM TEACHER proceed to Step 2 to start building your classes! If you are a PERSONAL USER, you can skip the next step and head straight to the Logging In written instructions below.
Step 2. Create a Classroom
A. Proceed to the Teacher Dashboard. You will see a list of your classes. The list will be blank if you have not created any classrooms yet.
B. Click on the Add Classroom button in the top right corner of the table. It looks like this: .
C. Enter a Class Name and select a Product for your classroom. If you want students to be able to join your classroom with a Join Code then keep that selection checked. If you want to manually enter students with email addresses then uncheck the option.
Step 3. Adding Students to a Classroom
As a teacher you can add students to your class two different ways:
A. If you selected Allow Members To Join With Join Code when you created your class now you can share that code with your students.
1. The join code is listed in your table of classrooms here:
2. The student can join the class by first heading to the Virtual Robotics site.
3. Then the student must Login to the site by clicking the Login button on the left.
It looks like this: .
4. Next the student can click on the Select Class button on the left. It looks like this: .
5. A pop-up will show all the classes the student is in. The student can click the JOIN CLASS button in the top right corner of the pop-up to enter your classroom Join Code.
6. When the student enters the Join Code that class should automatically be activated and the student can start working!
B. Alternatively, you can manually add students to your class. You will start at the Teacher Dashboard.
1. Click on the Class that you want to add students to. You will click right on the row for the class. This will bring up a new table that lists all of your students.
2. Click on the "plus" button in the table header. It is the same button you used to create a new classroom. It looks like this: .
3. Select Member for the "Role" and type in the user's email address. This can be done even before a student has a Firia Labs account.
4. Now click the ADD MEMBER button. The pop-up will close and the member should now show up in the list of users.
Logging in for the Individual User or Student (Written Instructions)
Step 1. Login to Virtual Robotics
A. Proceed to the Virtual Robotics website.
B. Login with your user account (or create an account if you do not have one yet) by clicking the login button in the lower left corner of the screen. It looks like this: . Be sure to use the same email address to login as the teacher used to add you to the class.
C. After you are logged in, the icon in the lower left will change to indicate success.
Step 2. Activate a Mission Pack
A. Once you are logged into the Virtual Robotics website, you can activate a mission pack.
B. You will click on the Select Class button on the left-hand side of the screen. It looks like this: .
C. A pop-up will appear showing all of the mission packs that your account has access to. Click on the correct class and select the ACTIVATE button.
D. If your mission pack is not there and you were given a Join Code by your teacher you can click the JOIN CLASS button at the top right corner of the pop-up. This will automatically activate that class for you.
E. Now you can get started with Virtual Robotics. Happy coding!
Getting started for the License Holder or Teacher (Video)
This video covers creating accounts, activating licenses, and building classrooms. This video is from the teacher’s perspective but can also be useful for an individual user looking to claim their license.
Logging in for the Individual User or Student (Video)
This video shows the steps for a student or individual user to join a class and access the site content.
Click here for the Licensing portal:
Click here for the Teacher Dashboard:
Click here for the Virtual Robotics platform: